Tuesday, March 25, 2008

And the Election Politics Continue....as usual

A couple months has passed, and the Democratic race has come down to Obama and Clinton. What started as a cordial, exciting democratic race, is for me, turning into a drawn out he said-she said. I am getting tired of the "politics as usual", and would like to hear what the candidates themselves will do for me if elected.

Tell me what you will do to end the war, fix the economy, and address the rapidly depleting social security and medicare funds. And what are you going to do about health care?? A leader is needed in these areas. Their stance may not be popular with some, but a LEADER has to confront and lead on the solutions to these problems.

Quite telling me why the other person is not qualified. Spend your time and money telling me not only why you are qualified, but what you will do to address these matters.

Both Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama are exciting candidates- though less so now than just 2 months ago. Traditionally, I have tended to vote more Republican than Democrat. This year? Not sure yet.

McCain has a lot to prove to me at this time. I do not like his stance that the war will be in existence for years yet, maybe 100 years. I am not sure yet if he is able to work with Congress to pass initiatives, and if he is strong enough as a leader. I think he is an honest man, and he wants to do what he perceives is best, but tell me Senator McCain, what is it you will do for me if elected?

My biggest concern at this point? I do not want a co-president named Billary. Somehow, Hillary needs to convince me that her husband can and will play a suitable role. No, I do not expect that to be tea parties. But I do expect it not to be any more visible than most other prominent first ladies. Yes, Bill, I believe you and Hillary love your country. I just think you love a Clinton regime more. And I think the other two leading candidates, (Obama and McCain) also love their country.

No comments: